Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Welcome to So Ya Wanna Be A Brewer

Great Beer Books
Reading Books. One step in the So Ya Wanna Be A Brewer master plan.
 If you're like me, and I'm going to assume you are, then you've held a lifelong dream to brew beer. Maybe you've never dabbled into the sudsy and wonderful world of wort or maybe you're a long time home brew star looking to take your skills to the next level.

Well you are not alone. I too have had a long time desire to make beer. I've dabbled in home brewing, sent away for info packages from the Siebel Institute in Chicago and feared that my inability to grow  the one trait all great brewers seem to share, the brewer's beard,  may doom my chances of ever joining their ranks.

But despite my facial hair inadequacies I have resolved to become a brewer one way or another.

So I've made my brewing resolution. Now what?

Um.... yeah. Hmmmm.

So I don't know how to get from A (barely brewing) to Z (brewmaster), but there are tons of people out in the world who do. There are Brewmasters, HR people at big breweries, nano brew pioneers, brewing educators, beer writers and bloggers and many, many more, etc and junk.

Together these people know everything there is to know about how to become a brewer. Maybe I'll just ask them. Maybe they'll help me (and you) go from [insert unsatisfying current job] to a brewing professional.

Eureka. That's it, and that is the entire purpose of So Ya Wanna Be A Brewer. Think of it as a Doofus' Guide to becoming a Brewmaster, except that I'm the doofus.

But I am determined to shed that doofus label. I'll talk to experts, read books, take classes, go to seminars, sup beers at festivals and go on brewery tours. I'll immerse myself in the sudsy beverage that changed the world and come out the other side educated and ready to brew.

Will you join me?

Chris

Follow me on Twitter @chriscarney
Email me your thoughts. cmcarney@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment